Yeah, yeah. Cliche in every way, but totally necessary.
Last week (oops, slacking, yet again), The Daily Post’s weekly Discover Challenge is Superhero. I have two huge superheroes in my life, so I thought I’d give them both their own post, because they deserve it!
23 years old, exactly where we have always dreamed of being. We’ve had our fair share (and then some) of road blocks, but we finally made it! College degrees (thanks to that victory lap), great careers, and our own place. A place we can call home, a place we can relax and kick our feet up. A place to host our wild and crazy Friday nights full of Netflix and snacks.
I am so proud of you for everything you’ve accomplished and the man you have grown into. We have come so far and I’m so excited for our future together.
You made the hardest year of my life so much easier to handle, and I can never thank you enough. But, I’ll start with these:
- First and foremost: thank you for never giving up on us; for being the Cory to my Topanga. We hit some boulder size rocky roads and you kept holding on, making sure we never got too banged up.
- Thank you for being so excited about us. I am absolutely ecstatic for our future, and hearing you talk about it makes me even more excited. Seeing your eyes light up when you talk about your dreams and plans for us, truly melts my heart.
- Thank you for your effort. You always do everything in your power to make me feel better; whether it’s a heart made out of rose petals on the bed or stopping at the store to run an errand for me to make my after work activities a little more bearable. For always doing the dishes after I cook dinner, and for always offering to get me medicine or whatever I need to make that horrible migraine go away (again).
- Thank you for never failing to make me smile. Everything from your silly voices to your childish games followed by that sharp “hehehehe!” always have the power to turn my day around.
- Thank you for accepting me. I’m pretty weird, and (even more accurately) pretty gross. You see me do some pretty weird things, and see me at my worst (hello morning breath with a side of acne topped with 3 day unwashed hair). My weird quirks (even numbers and right side first), my irrational fears (although you tend to test those a lot…), and my SUPER ANNOYING personality – for some odd reason, after all this, you still keep me around (:
- Thank you for not taking my “I’m going to murder you” face when you wake me up in the morning seriously. I promise I love you and I don’t wanna kill you…but the sleep, it calls out to me and takes over my facial expressions.
- Thank you for accepting my cuddles, even when you swear you won’t. I know you love them, don’t lie.
- Most importantly, thank you for showing me what love is. Thank you for always giving it your all, for never letting me forget that you care, and for never letting the spark die. Thank you for being The One.
I know this doesn’t even begin to cut it, but thank you for being you, and loving me for me.
(Take it away, Shania) –> “Looks like we made it, look how far we’ve come, my baby”